The month of September sets an opportunity to remind us that we must all prepare ourselves and our families now and throughout the year.
Disasters Happen. Plan Now.
The devastating floods, hurricanes and wildfires of 2017 reminded the nation of the importance of preparing for disasters.
Here are 10 Ways to Prepare:
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings.
- Create your emergency plan and test it.
- Assemble or update your disaster kit.
- Conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions for local hazards.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training, or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Document your property and obtain appropriate insurance for hazards that may occur near your home.
- Make improvements to your home to reduce potential injury or property damage.
- Conduct a disaster exercise to review and improve your emergency plan.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
Take time to learn lifesaving skills – such as CPR and first aid, check your insurance policies and coverage for the hazards you may face, such as floods, earthquakes, and tornados.
Make sure to consider the costs associated with disasters and save for an emergency.
Also, know how to take practical safety tips like shutting off water and gas.
Often, we will be the first ones in our communities to take action after a disaster strike and before first responders arrive. It is important to prepare in advance to help yourself and your community.
P.S. Give us a call TODAY to make sure you are completely covered!